Thursday, March 8, 2007

I just have to post something before a month goes by and NOT POSTING!
The St. Arnold's Spring Bock and The Ugly Beats were exilent at Ruds. Now if Houston could get a band half as good as the Ugly Beats I would be there every time. I missed Les Tharic by just minutes, but I saw Jimmy's (new?) band, The Born Liars rip through a very energetic set. Jimmy ant singin (screaming, OK) Powerpop with such high energy and wreckles abandon, but I got to love the raw energy. The Ugly Beats were just blast, playing great tunes from start to finish. They played one song that The Flaming Goovies either wrote or covered, but I just can not remember which.
As far as the archives are concerned I found and old Haskells LP that is just signed by the band, NO PRINTING! I need to get it on the record player (when fixed) and hear what is on it.

Jim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the one with "Fatter and More Modern", right?

The Haskells and 3 Pc. All White were frickin' AWESOME.